Office 2003 on Windows 7. Phone number fields can only be formatted as text. There are no other options.

Any Ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What options are you looking for? Phone numbers are not, repeat not numbers they are in fact text ( my phone no in UK is 01273554545! In france my number has the following format 03 25 78 58 44 totally different!(both thee numbers are ficticious but have the right no of digits and format!) Unless you re trying to add up phone numbers (that does not make sense) treating them as text actually makes life easier.
Why is text difficult;;;; the rest of the world lives with the fact that differtent countries use numbers like text... it just requires a mental change of mind... have a go at it like this and find it works!! Sorry if this sounded patronising but that is theway the thing works!

LOL
M

What options are you looking for? Phone numbers are not, repeat not numbers they are in fact text ( my phone no in UK is 01273554545! In france my number has the following format 03 25 78 58 44 totally different!(both thee numbers are ficticious but have the right no of digits and format!) Unless you re trying to add up phone numbers (that does not make sense) treating them as text actually makes life easier.
Why is text difficult;;;; the rest of the world lives with the fact that differtent countries use numbers like text... it just requires a mental change of mind... have a go at it like this and find it works!! Sorry if this sounded patronising but that is theway the thing works!

LOL
M

Whether its right or wrong, or US centric doesn't matter to me.
I prefer my telephone numbers to be formatted: (xxx) xxx-xxxx, Outlook is now appying no format at all so I have xxxxxxxxxx.
Every computer program I have ever used has formatted this way.
This Version of Office worked correctly for 4 years or so.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.