:( For some reason my computer is just lagging in all areas right now. It works, just slowly.

My 512 MB of RAM is working at 13% right now. Most of the lag occurs when alt tabbing or starting a new program.

Comp Specs:
- 2.4 Ghz P4 Processor
- 512 MB
- 64 MB Geforce 4 Ti3200

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

:( For some reason my computer is just lagging in all areas right now. It works, just slowly.

My 512 MB of RAM is working at 13% right now. Most of the lag occurs when alt tabbing or starting a new program.

Comp Specs:
- 2.4 Ghz P4 Processor
- 512 MB
- 64 MB Geforce 4 Ti3200

id suggest defraggin, that sounds about right to be honest, if you have any server software (apache mysql php ) update them to the newest stable releases.

id suggest defraggin, that sounds about right to be honest, if you have any server software (apache mysql php ) update them to the newest stable releases.

I stopped my apache/mysql/php to see if it works it doesn't. I'll defrag then get back to you guys if it works or not.

I stopped my apache/mysql/php to see if it works it doesn't. I'll defrag then get back to you guys if it works or not.

Bleh that didn't help. :(

Bleh that didn't help. :(

I ran into a similar lag issue on numberous occasions.

I suggest a Spyware, Adware, Virus search to start. Make sure all those search programs are up to date. You may find a deep routed virus etc that is using certain resources.

Also, I got this problem with a few units after a windows update. After uninstalling the most recent updates, and a restart... it was running fine. I then reinstalled the updates and everything ran normal still. I still haven't found out what caused it since I cannot reproduce my exact steps at the time but it's happened on a few occasions which leads me to believe it may be the problem as well.

See if that helps, and keep us informed. Sorry so late, this could already be fixed. :)

~Trezier

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.