Hi, I am unable to burn cd's and dvd's using either nero or roxio because my vista business cant format cd's and dvd. I was able to burn until yesterday when all over a sudden it stopped. I have not installed any new program except kaspersky internet security which i installed the same yesterday. Kindly assist me with solution to the problem.

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by cplspls

I think Kaspersky is not the culprit. Is DVD RW powered on and not burning the DVDs ? What kind of error are you facing ?

What i am able to see is 'windows was unable to complete the format'. I see no other error unless there is somewhere else to look.

U reload ur operating system again & 1st Installed Antivirus then update & scan ur complete Hard Drive

If possible, try to use your DVD-RW on some other PC. If it still doesn't work, prepare your budget to buy a new one.

Tried a number of writers and it appears they all can't work not until the cd is formated.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.