I have the error "gstartup.ink" come up when windows loads. I searched for the error on google and this website came up. via another thread's advice, I ran the program HiJackThis which searched my browser for some spyware. I don't know if it found anything that isn't suppose to be there but it found quite a lot. None of it made sense to me but I saved the log file. Who can I get to look at this log file to determine what I can and can't get rid of? Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

[thread]1040[/thread]

I actually did a google search for "gstartup.ink" and another thread here on TechTalk came up as the first result. Next time, search before you post ;)

Hey Justin...this error just means that Windows thinks it's supposed to be launching gstartup.lnk when the machine starts. Look in start-->programs-->startup and see if your gstartup is listed there. This is a remnant of GAIN I think and you should be able to delete gstartup from startup and the error will go away.

I have the error "gstartup.ink" come up when windows loads. I searched for the error on google and this website came up. via another thread's advice, I ran the program HiJackThis which searched my browser for some spyware. I don't know if it found anything that isn't suppose to be there but it found quite a lot. None of it made sense to me but I saved the log file. Who can I get to look at this log file to determine what I can and can't get rid of? Thanks

There are a few people here who help if you stick around or you can go to this hijackthis help fourm
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.