Upon entering a CD (audio OR data) in my drive, I occasionally get a message from XP asking me if I want to perform a certain function every time that type of CD is loaded (ie. Play an audio CD with Media player, or Creative Jukebox, or other players). I guess it's asking me to select a default player. Every time this happens I click on the "none" option, and check the box that says "do this every time". However, this box still shows up occasionally, even though I'm sure I've went through the motions before. Is there any way to turn off XP's automatic "help" functions? It's really getting annoying.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

it depends on what is on the media. you can download tweakxp and look around there is a way to disable autoplay all together :)

it depends on what is on the media. you can download tweakxp and look around there is a way to disable autoplay all together :)

Thanks, while that wasn't exactly what I was looking for, you got my mind working in the right direction. I just went to the autoplay function, and set it up the right way for each drive. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.