yesterday my computer got affected by win32/huer viruses. I tried to heal most of the files with AVG but AVG was unable to heal some of the system files . So i have decided to go for clean installations .

after installations I can access to all of the drives in disk0 ( which has partition C: and D:)

but I cant access to disk1 (Partition Z:). Total size of disk was 300 GB

when I checked disk management options from administration panel , I can see there is one unknown type - basic - healthy partition which is 170 GB there is also unallocated space partition which is 129 GB.

I am having night-mare I have data on hard drive which worth more than anything to me. I don't want to lose those data.

I tried Googling unfortunately couldnt find any useful solutions . in some forum they suggested fixMBR will resolve this issue, but fixMBR could also destroy the partition table and datas .

I would appreciate if anyone can guide me through . how can restore my hard drive partition as it used to be before windows installations.

thank you

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You should use a data recovery program to get the data out of the 300 gig drive and after that delete the partition (the 170 GB one) and start fresh. I have always had success with GetDataBack.

thanks for your reply , what is the best data recovery software you recommend?

You should use a data recovery program to get the data out of the 300 gig drive and after that delete the partition (the 170 GB one) and start fresh. I have always had success with GetDataBack.

I already told you in the above post that the software that I have had most success with is GetDataBack. You should know that it comes in 2 different versions so you should choose yours accordingly between the FAT one and the NTFS one.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.