Hey there, I am back with another mistery.
I have a network of over 200 people. We gave them all new machines. However they are force to use word 97 and excel 97. But we are also running Outlook 2003.

Problem: Every time we open a program, word, excel, paint, etc. we select "look in" to pick a folder and it takes 45 sec in order for the computer to eventualy show us the list. Once it gets there, we have no problem. But you know what happens when people are impatient... things get worse. Is there anyone out there who can give me an explanation?

It also happens when you want to do a SAVE AS . Same problem.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Problem: Every time we open a program, word, excel, paint, etc. we select "look in" to pick a folder and it takes 45 sec in order for the computer to eventualy show us the list. Once it gets there, we have no problem. But you know what happens when people are impatient... things get worse. Is there anyone out there who can give me an explanation?

It's looking out on the network for the directories to load, I think. I don't know how to "force" local-only access in this case.

Can you give me soem more info on your network configuration?

as in hubs routers switches servers and such

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.