My computer won't connect to the interent. I have to go thru diagnotics and then it will connect. They tell me it might be my ethernet card? I got a new cable and that did nothing so I don't know if it is my ethernet card or something else. I connect thru a cable and all my lights are on that is suppose to be on. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

They tell me it might be my ethernet card?

who are they!
and they might be right ,so only way to know for sure it to put in a new one and try it ~!

Try a reboot, also checck your router if you have one. Unplug your router for about 30 seconds to complete a power cycle then plug it back in. Then go into your wireless network settings and connect to your network.

Hopefully this helps : )

Does your ethernet port have a light or lights when you plug in the ethernet connection and you're fully booted? If not there may be a problem with the ethernet port, you might want to try to look at the bios and see if it's shut off there or even try to get a pci ethernet card and test if you can get a connection that way.
If you have lights and you can verify you can connect, it might be a driver, firewall, or other software issue. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your mobo, and turn off any firewalls.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.