my family has an older gateway computer. It has a 600Mhz AMD processor, and 192 megs of ram. A while back the harddrive broke(made this clicking noise when we turned it on) so we bought another HD and intalled everything fine, and it all worked great except for when we booted up it would hang on the message Checking NVRAM message before windows booted, but if we turned it off then on again it would boot fine. This being annoying, I searched around and found that people with the same problem reset their cmos to fix this, so i went ahead and did the same, except now when windows boots, the system locks up (including keyboard etc) at the windows logo screen. I can, however boot up into safe mode.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

HELPPPPPPPPPPPP,
I have a Presario 2500, just decided to stop; it stuck at the logo screen. please help

HELPPPPPPPPPPPP,
I have a Presario 2500, just decided to stop; it stuck at the logo screen. please help

hi,welcome to daniweb ,a little more info like like what Operating system you are running and if you installed any new hardware lately .a little history of what you were doing before it started doing this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.