I keepo getting my Xp computer crashing oin me and going to the blue screen. Commonestr error message is aklong the lines of IRQL_ Not_les_than_ equal-To or similar to this and often blames miscellaneuos drivers although removal of these drivers mnakes no difference and scanning of valaidity of drivers shows no problems. Other blames include memory inconsiostenies or video apater although all the MS troubleshootinh has resulted in lions 1 christians nil and i am pulling out my hair.

My event viewer gives error mesages for systyems after crashes stating that "NAt was unable to request an operation of the Kernel mode translation module". During the use, get mouse freezing and other peculiar problem. Friend suggested that an update if using wrong memory and correpting drivers and Microsoft trouble shooting has been uselsss,

Problem gets worse until crashing every minute. Reload Windows XP, problem is gone for while but eventual;ly starts to occur again and again with increasing frequency until autoi save on woird set to 1 nminute.

Any ideas guys and thanks

Kermie:sad: :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

thanks for the help...err Im a bit of as virgin at this, how do i access the mask???
thanks for the help

PS my computer is running stasndalone XP, no lan or netwrok. Does this make a difference??

Yes, go to the Control Panel, then Network Connections, Right Click Local Area Connection, go to properties, then Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and to to Properties. Make sure that Obtain IP is selected for both the DNS and IP and hit apply :)

Yes, go to the Control Panel, then Network Connections, Right Click Local Area Connection, go to properties, then Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and to to Properties. Make sure that Obtain IP is selected for both the DNS and IP and hit apply :)

thanks mate

this seems to have fixed the problem

hope ya had a good one ofr chrissie

Arrrrrgghhhhh!!!!!
spoke too soon.

systemjust dropped out again although took longer time with the changes monte suggested.

Have been told that iot could be "pool damage" by a freidn who sent me this piece of microgarble:
Pool damage is caused when a kernel-mode component writes to memory outside of its allocated pool area. By writing to memory beyond the boundary of its allocated area, it is likely that another area of allocated memory, possibly owned by another component, is overwritten. This damage can cause problems such as blue screens in completely unrelated areas of code. A kernel-mode component reading beyond its allocated area can also cause problem.

Any further suggestions on how to cure this.

thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.