Alright, I installed Linux 8.2 SuSE just to see what it was capable of and such. I did not like what I had and some hardware was not compatable so I reinstalled windows by deleting the old Linux partition and reinstalling. After I did this everything booted very slowly. Even the Asus logo and the entry to the bios menu was slow. Any ideas of how this could have happened? I reinstalled the newest bios by AFUDOS and reset my CMOS files but I have no idea.

If it helps I have...
Asus K8NE Delux Motherboard
AMD 3000+ 64bit Processor
80GB 7200RPM IDE Maxtor
1GB of Corsair Memory DDR 400
9600 XT Radeon ATI 128MB video card

Alright, I installed Linux 8.2 SuSE just to see what it was capable of and such. I did not like what I had and some hardware was not compatable so I reinstalled windows by deleting the old Linux partition and reinstalling. After I did this everything booted very slowly. Even the Asus logo and the entry to the bios menu was slow. Any ideas of how this could have happened? I reinstalled the newest bios by AFUDOS and reset my CMOS files but I have no idea.

If it helps I have...
Asus K8NE Delux Motherboard
AMD 3000+ 64bit Processor
80GB 7200RPM IDE Maxtor
1GB of Corsair Memory DDR 400
9600 XT Radeon ATI 128MB video card

Should have tried Suse 9.1 personal ed, it is better.
There are ways to set the cmos settings to not go into such great detail when booting. just gotta tinker a little bit.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.