I have a dell P4 1.6ghz computer. The computer is very slow and runs like crap. I want to know how I can just erase everything including windows and start over with a new install of windows xp. Is this possible??

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Doesn't XP have a system restore on it? I'm not sure how far back you can go with it as I use W2K.

Yeah bro, it's called formatting. Pop in your Windows XP CD, boot it up, go to Install Windows, then look in the instruction and it asks if you want to format. Hit yes, and it will install XP. This whipes out everything on your computer and installs a fresh Windows Installation.

Yeah bro, it's called formatting. Pop in your Windows XP CD, boot it up, go to Install Windows, then look in the instruction and it asks if you want to format. Hit yes, and it will install XP. This whipes out everything on your computer and installs a fresh Windows Installation.

Put in the xp disk.....Chose that i wanted to install not upgrade....Then it asked if i wanted to do the NTFS system? Yes or No? I clicked yes....Never said anything about formatting.....I already have Xp on the computer but i want to reinstall everything as new......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.