Can any one help me with this problem when i restart windows xp os switch off the computer goes thro the process but when it gets to the "windows is shutting down"it just stays on that screen and i have to turn the computer off by the switch and then back on which probably isnt doin it much good any ideas?and it doesnt do it on every restart just now and again

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Can any one help me with this problem when i restart windows xp os switch off the computer goes thro the process but when it gets to the "windows is shutting down" it just stays on that screen and i have to turn the computer off by the switch and then back on which probably isn't doing it much good... it doesn't do it on every restart just now and again.

This is usually linked to driver problems, especially when it's intermittent. Make sure all your drivers are up-to-date, especially if you can link the start of this problem to any changes to your system.

Don't know how old your comp is or what kind of specs it has but it could just get clogged once in a while, i suggest defragging, cleaning disk, and removing adware/spyware.

yeah my com is only bout 3 months old and is reg. cleaned so idunno it hasnt happened for a couple of days but i dont really knock my com off that regular unless im installing in or uninstalling ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.