I just bought a 512 mb pc2100 stick. WHen i installed it, it made my computer SUPER LAGGY and would take literaly 5 minutes to open a folder. I replaced the 512 with my old 256 MB stick and it did nothing. Wut could the problem be and how can i fix it? its driving me insane!!!

I have a intel celeron 2.2 GHZ
currently used ram was pc133
could restoring? or loading default settings fix this problem?

I just bought a 512 mb pc2100 stick. WHen i installed it, it made my computer SUPER LAGGY and would take literaly 5 minutes to open a folder. I replaced the 512 with my old 256 MB stick and it did nothing. Wut could the problem be and how can i fix it? its driving me insane!!!

I have a intel celeron 2.2 GHZ
currently used ram was pc133
could restoring? or loading default settings fix this problem?

If your computer originally had pc133 type memory, you have to stay with that type of memory. (Unless your MB supports both types) Check to be sure you seated everything in correctly. I've been inside working on one area and accidently knocked something else loose. Stuff happens.
Best of luck to you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.