Hi everyone! Well, I don't know if i'm in the right forum category or not... so sorry in advance. I have a Dell Dimension XPS Gen 4 and it is making a really SUPER annoying high pitched sound from the back. I have no clue what the sound is coming from..... all i know is that it gets on my nerves!!! :mad: Anyways, does anyone know what this sound may be caused by? ......... or will I just have to live with it? Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi everyone! Well, I don't know if i'm in the right forum category or not... so sorry in advance. I have a Dell Dimension XPS Gen 4 and it is making a really SUPER annoying high pitched sound from the back. I have no clue what the sound is coming from..... all i know is that it gets on my nerves!!! :mad: Anyways, does anyone know what this sound may be caused by? ......... or will I just have to live with it? Thanks!

I have had a noise coming from the back of mine. it turned it was a wire rubbing against the fan. It wasnt high pitched though. But it still is a possibility

Ok, I'll take a look at the fans and see if thats it.

Ok, I've taken a look at the computer and the noise seems to be coming from the two fans at the bottom of the tower that cool down the power supply. Any ideas? Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.