hi everyone,

i m not able to use the default defrag tool comes with windows..& accessing files or opening them make it PC very slow..!! So , what should i do ?? how do i perform it..!!

Thanks. :)

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

The company called Periform mada free products. One is called "Deflaggler".
Go to Ccleaner.com and look for deflaggler link. While your at it, get
the Ccleaner program as well. Will fix a lot of issues.

oodefrag is another good one. But remember that every defrag tool will slow down your machine.

The company called Periform mada free products. One is called "Deflaggler".
Go to Ccleaner.com and look for deflaggler link. While your at it, get
the Ccleaner program as well. Will fix a lot of issues.

I use Defraggler and have not had any problems. Defrag programs do slow your system a little but its worth it. Defraggler help.

- Let us know how it goes

Google 'automatic defragmenter'; it will give you links to good auto defrag utilities. Get a good one that monitors/defrags the disks automatically in the background and doesn't have the limitations of the windows defragger. The best auto defragmenters also prevent much of the fragmentation from happening.

If you have Windows 7, keep the default defragger. If you have a SSD do not defrag at all.

I use Diskeeper and am really happy with it.

Auslogics Disk Defrag worked well for me too.

Also I used PerfectDisk 11 & it was good, plus it helped me to shrink the C: drive so as to free up space for another partition. It is a 30-day trial version.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.