my dvd/cd rw driver all of a sudden started messing up.. ive done system restore..everything i can think of..im not computer stupid and i have been looking at alot of forums trying..and still nothing. It doesnt detect my driver at all..it says cd drive in the device manager but it used to say the actual name of my driver.. GH24NS50 etc.. i tried scanning for software changes or whatever in device manager and it scans and then just shuts off i dont know if that means theres not changes or what.. when i restart the computer it doesnt even try to install the driver, i have to run system restore which ive done and it failed at installing the driver..basically what im looking for is someone to PLEASE find me the DRIVER downlaod for the lg GH24NS50 dvd/cd rw driver.. not the firmware update..it doesnt work because it says that i dont have the driver at all..=/ please help!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

not the firmware update..it doesnt work because it says that i dont have the driver at all..=/ please help!!

the drive might just do the same thing ,you shouldn't really need the driver ,windows should have it ,did you uninstall the device in device manager to see what happens .

also try removing the data and power cable from it and the motherboard and then plugging them back in

try this Microsoft fix and see if it detects the drive .
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us

Have you try change the drives data cable?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.