i had evidence eliminator on my comp and delted it cause it caused some problems and now alot of my programs on my comp are screwed up...when i try to use my comp it says it cant find the files, and when i try to use worldbook encyclopedia it says my comp cant accept cookies and wont let me use it and this all happened after i ran evidence eliminator...is there a way to undo what it did?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

i had evidence eliminator on my comp and delted it cause it caused some problems and now alot of my programs on my comp are screwed up...when i try to use my comp it says it cant find the files, and when i try to use worldbook encyclopedia it says my comp cant accept cookies and wont let me use it and this all happened after i ran evidence eliminator...is there a way to undo what it did?

Sure, there's always a way... it's called backup your data and reformat... ;)

Seriously, it sounds like EE damaged the registry. A System Restore is in order.

how do perform a system restore

find the disks that came with your computer that say something about a "QuickRestore" or "system recovery" then you should just be able to pop that disk in and restart your comp.

It should give you instructions from there. (there may be multiple disks in your quick recovery set.)

unfortunatly i got my computer used from my moms friend so i didnt get any disks so is there any other way? or do i have to somehow find a disk

not if you have a habit om backing up your system but by default everytime you start up the OS and shutdwn window2000 & XP due take a snapshoot so if in any case you should beable to go back to previse setting before you had installed EE and if you install other software at the same time they will be gone also..I hope you have done this..?

Best of luck...later matrix1

i dont think ive backed up my system :/ what did you mean when you said that windows 2000 takes a snap shot? is there a way i can use that?

how do perform a system restore

Start/All Programs/Accessories/System tools /System restor and go back to a date before you install the offending program

There is a difference between 2K and ME...only ME and XP have system restore

yea i looked in the systems tools and there was no system restore so yea i guess mine doesnt have it

Start/All Programs/Accessories/System tools /System restor and go back to a date before you install the offending program

Sooy didn't see it say win2000 was the OS in use , anywhere

i dont think ive backed up my system :/ what did you mean when you said that windows 2000 takes a snap shot? is there a way i can use that?

sorry for not making it clearer though

I had to remove evidence eliminator as it had screwed up nero and office xp pro and totaled xp cd burning wizard and windows media player,all the adds for EE are very dramatic and i got it just because i do all my banking etc by internet and wanted to delete all my keystrokes etc,all EE did was delete parts of my registry and i had no choice but to reformat,now using Cyber Scrub and it didnt cost $110.00 like EE,couldnt even do a system restore due to the amount of damage that EE had done,EE is a very savage program and should be avoided at all costs,and xp sucks,hope vista is better.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.