Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

What seems to be the best way to move folders in Windows 7? There seems to be several different ways. I have several hdd with several partitions. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

hi,i just do it the same way i did it winxp ,copy and paste,then when im sure it moved ok i delete it from where it came from .using 2 open windows explorer windows

If you more than one HDD then you may go for making on "Master HDD" and other one "Slave HDD"
Now by doing this you can easily move folders in between them.

Hope this helps

If you more than one HDD then you may go for making on "Master HDD" and other one "Slave HDD"
Now by doing this you can easily move folders in between them.

Hope this helps

no need for master /slave in win7,sata [my assumption]drives don't even have master/slave settings

Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

Yeah, like usual I left out info. I create partitions and then like to keep My documents on partition D, My pictures on E, My Music on next hdd partition F, My videos on other hdd partition G. I also like to put my programs on another hdd and separate partition.

Yeah, like usual I left out info

yeah you sure did ! lol

not sure about doing it in win7 but i useto change it way back in win98 and xp ,you needed to change it in the registry .do a google search on changine folder locations not moving folders

Window explorer is all you got to move folder. Unless there is other File management software to do what you want. You can drag and drop a folder to another partition or hard disk. To me is the try and tested copy and paste.

Window explorer is all you got to move folder. Unless there is other File management software to do what you want. You can drag and drop a folder to another partition or hard disk. To me is the try and tested copy and paste.

re-read all post,op,wants to change location of system folders

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.