Greetings To All.
I'm just wondering if anybody has any workaround or solution for the problem as described on the thread title. I've been doing the search on the web but so far it has not worked for me.
- LAN with about 30 computers connected to network.
- Mix of XP, Vista, Win 7 operating System -
The only problems I have is with XP (either SP2 or SP3).
- Drives are mapped with a logon script.
- There's about 5 automatically mapped drive upon logon. Physically, some are here in my office, while others are far far away in the UK. *The thing is, even if i disconnect the mapped drive that is overseas, accessing the network drive that is physically connected to the LAN here in my office it is still very slow.
Things I've done so far
- Unchecked "Automatically Search For network folders and printers
- Disable Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Services
- Reinstall 1. Client for Microsoft Networks, 2. Qos Packet Scheduler, 3. File and printer sharing for Microsoft Networks.
- Added the registry in
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm as suggested on some sites
- Disabled firewall
I am doing a Join-PC-To-Domain for the computers in my network. Only started to realize this issue when it is connected to domain and mapped. When it is in workgroup and manually mapped the drive, browsing speed is normal.
Not sure if anybody has any fix for this. Any tips/suggestion/references is very much appreciated.