Windows XP SP3.
blue screen
system registry cannot load hive file: \systemroot\system32\config\...

Microsoft says to start Windows with CD and choose R for repair console, then give chkdsk /R command.. But there was not such option...strangely.

I tried to enter into the installation, the installation started and I've not stopped it because I believed it will replace corrupted files....
But it created a new installation.... the new one starts with no problems but no software installed... the other when starting asked me to check the unit C: for errors.... the process completed but again blue nag screen and automatic restart.
What I've to do for avoiding to reinstall all programs?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

"Microsoft says to start Windows with CD and choose R for repair console, then give chkdsk /R command.. But there was not such option...strangely."
I assume that you mean by no such option that there was no option to Repair using the Recovery Console? It is usually the second option on that screen, underneath Run Setup by pressing Enter. I say usually, because if Setup cannot find a Windows installation it will not offer the [R] Repair option.
If Setup is chosen there is another option to Repair windows; this is by reinstalling a lot of the system files over the old. I assume this is what happened? After running with this there is no way back, i am afraid, unless you have a comprehensive system restore pgm such as ERDNT.
You now must reinstall many applications plus all Security Hotfixes and Windows updates. Your data files will be untouched.
The many options placed before you by the Setup pgm can have serious repercussions; it is well worth checking your actions.

try to repair your system.... will solve your problem/////

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.