I cannot hear any sound in firefox!
The problem is only in firefox all other browsers are working fine.
The flash objects have no sound at all. I can make google voice chat. So I think the problem is with some flash related thing in firefox.

I have reinstalled adobe flash player (latest).
Re-installed firefox (latest).
re-installed codec pack (k-lite 6.9 full).

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Danishbacker,

When you have something playing in the browser open up your volume mixer and see if the volume setting for that particular application is muted or set to low.

Right click on the speaker icon in your system tray and select "Open Volume Mixer" if you have several things open that have audio outs you may have to scroll to the right.

I had a similar problem with my windows 7 installation and this fixed it for me. I imagine you tested the same site with IE or another browser and audio works properly?

zelkea

Danishbacker,

When you have something playing in the browser open up your volume mixer and see if the volume setting for that particular application is muted or set to low.

Right click on the speaker icon in your system tray and select "Open Volume Mixer" if you have several things open that have audio outs you may have to scroll to the right.

I had a similar problem with my windows 7 installation and this fixed it for me. I imagine you tested the same site with IE or another browser and audio works properly?

zelkea

:D Thank you

Glad I was able to help :)

I would suggest you to try new version of firefox. I am sure firefox4 will work for you. Try it.

Good Luck........ :)

Thanks to Zelkia for your helpful post. I was also facing the same problem. I am a brand new member of this forum & got instant help. Feeling really happy.

Thanks again..

Thats why i m using google chrome, its never create any problem like this

commented: Crap or nonsence. Or both? -2
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.