After you follow those instructions, go to post #14 of this thread --
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread28196.html
to remove yupsearch (pokapoka); then post your HijackThis log. Make sure you post the HijackThis log in the Virus forum (not in this thread).

After you follow those instructions, go to post #14 of this thread --
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread28196.html
to remove yupsearch (pokapoka); then post your HijackThis log. Make sure you post the HijackThis log in the Virus forum (not in this thread).

the pokapoka doesn't appear these day so i thihnk i don't have to worry about those heh?

u can go to safe mode use stinger to scan for viruses if ur using windows xp disable system restore first. Go to msconfig and remove suspicious startup programs. If u dont have stinger u can download from ur frnds computer

the pokapoka doesn't appear these day so i thihnk i don't have to worry about those heh?

It's up to you, but it couldn't hurt to post a HijackThis log in the Virus forum for review -- just to make sure.

So Bunny, I take it you're still having problems?

That pokapoka79.exe is Elitebar Adware and you probably could not find it as it is a hidden file and you need to enable 'look for hidden files' by clicking on 'more advanced options' in the XP search engine.
If your wininet.dll file is hosed you can not even open up task manager to see what is running in the background. That is an indication of Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c malware.
I just joined this site and just saw your posting but I am afraid that by this time you may not be able to get on line.
I spend hours fighting spyware because of people that do not want to lose data. I do understand. I would recommend finding a local geek with a portable USB drive with a 100 GB drive in it or a network that he could transfer the data too and then format and reload the system. After reloading be sure and install your new Norton 2006, and Microsoft AntiSpyware which you can get for free if you have a legitimate Windows XP operating system on your computer. Below is the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
Something I find most people forget to do is the Microsoft Updates. I can not stress the importance of these. Microsoft has a new update site that does the Office and the Windows at the same time. Here is the link.
http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en

Hi Guys
Now every problem above is over bcause i reformated the whole computer.
But the new problem begin is i don't have any driver for sound card,audio video.....For EVERYTHING.So now i have to go to library to type these thing.How can i install all the drivers i need to now?

What operating system do you have? XP, 2000, ME, 98, etc
Is your system a custom build system or a Dell, Gateway, etc.?
If it is a namebrand give me the model number and if a dell the express service code.
I will give you the link on the drivers

Well, if you cant acess the internet, then your only option is the manufacture disks. Slap those in your drive and run the setups. Concentrate on the one for your network card first, so you can access the internet, then you will be able to run windows update witch will find more hardware drivers. if you dont have the disks, contact whoever you purchased the computer from. Good luck

-T

Better yet, do youself a favor: stop wasting your time with Windows and put Ubuntu Linux on that laptop. You'll have to borrow a friend's machine to download the image and burn the CD. But it's only one CD, and it installs in about half an hour. And yes, it really is free, as in "beer". And that half-hour installation can include a wide variety of popular productivity apps from which you may choose during the install process, so once you're done, you're done, and you can go to work right away.

Compare that to a Windows XP install. Just getting the bare OS installed involves an entire long day of grinding away, rebooting over and over again, and then downloading and installing another 3GB of critical bug fixes and security updates. And then comes Office along with its patches. By the time you're done with all of that, you could have had Ubuntu installed and had most of your term paper written already.

But perhaps best of all, you'll be done once and for all with all the malware and the nonsense you need to buy to attempt (sometimes unsuccessfully) to prevent it from taking over your Windows machine. In fact, an entire Ubuntu OS typically runs in the memory space required by just the anti-virus utility you need to run under Windows.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.