I am kind of having some very big problems here. It seems lately that everytime I try and listen to any media in Windows Media Player, it says, "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."

How can I eliminate some of the options, I'm thinking either not functioning properly or its in use by another program, I haven't tried but I am going to try and re-download Windows Media Player 10 and re-install and see if it work, but any help would help please. At the same time, it doesnt play sound for flash animations either, no sound at that matter, but the sound card is installed and everything and the volume works.

Helpppp...............

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Set your program access defaults of media to windows media player .. and then try again..

Go to windows media player -- tools -- options -- devices and verify that speakers are present there.

hello, I use realplayer as my mp3 player, problem is on music sites when you want to hit the sample review before a full download it open's up the realplayer page but do play any music and the only way to trigger a response is by right clicj mouse save target to desktop, then go to desktop click to open and then you will hear the sample music track.. is there a way to overide this, so i can just click the music site track and hear it there and then, maybe I need to remove the realplayer and reinstall, but I did do this before without any success... cheers richard

i have install the drivers for my audio sounds and it seems working, but anytime i play music, the sounds does not play.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.