Hi all,

I have recently begun learning java at uni and have encountered, what appears to be, a somewhat unusual problem. Every time I install JDK6 and BlueJ onto my home computer (running win7x64) I suddenly lose the ability to copy files.

At first I thought it was just a virus or some such thing as I could not copy anything for a couple of days, I restored my computer back 2 weeks using my weekly back up, I then re-installed JDK6 and blueJ (They where the only 2 things which I needed to install and had changed in the last 2 weeks) and I now find myself unable to copy and past anything again.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, I have tried googling this but have found nothing and I am open to suggestions other than JDK6 being the problem so feel free to let me know any opinions you may have.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi all,

I have recently begun learning java at uni and have encountered, what appears to be, a somewhat unusual problem. Every time I install JDK6 and BlueJ onto my home computer (running win7x64) I suddenly lose the ability to copy files.

At first I thought it was just a virus or some such thing as I could not copy anything for a couple of days, I restored my computer back 2 weeks using my weekly back up, I then re-installed JDK6 and blueJ (They where the only 2 things which I needed to install and had changed in the last 2 weeks) and I now find myself unable to copy and past anything again.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, I have tried googling this but have found nothing and I am open to suggestions other than JDK6 being the problem so feel free to let me know any opinions you may have.

Thanks

Hey..

I am sure that its NOT problem of JDK .. but its problem of your bluej.

There are many good IDE's like eclipse ..

so Try another IDE other than blueJ..

ok, I restored my computer back to before I installed both and just installed the JDK, the result of this being that I can now copy, BUT for some reason teracopy wont work, I can live with this but it is interesting that as soon as I installed JDK teracopy stopped working.

Also, the reason I am using BlueJ is that that is what is used in my textbook and lectures, so it seems appropriate to use the same environment, although I will look at some other environments, just to see which are better for me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.