i wiped my harddrive using delpart, then created a parition using fdisk, then formatted the C drive...i copy all the files from any OS(ive tried xp home, xp pro, 98, 2000 pro)..the files copy then it says restart to finish installing...it restarts and when it says "running windows" on the bottom, the keyboard becomes "dead". it will not let me select ENTER, R, or F3 to finish installing windows, repair, or exit, respectively. however, if i hold down enter while it itapporaching that screen, it constantly beeps, until it says installing windows. any idea AT ALL why that might be happening. ive been trying to figure this out for the past month now. sorry about it taking so long to explain the problem. thank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

You need to be more specific. What exactly are you trying to do? Install an OS? If so, you can't just copy the files and pray that it'll run. You need to run it's setup program. Boot off the OS CD and follow the on screen prompts.

i wiped my harddrive using delpart, then created a parition using fdisk, then formatted the C drive...i copy all the files from any OS(ive tried xp home, xp pro, 98, 2000 pro)..the files copy then it says restart to finish installing...it restarts and when it says "running windows" on the bottom, the keyboard becomes "dead". it will not let me select ENTER, R, or F3 to finish installing windows, repair, or exit, respectively. however, if i hold down enter while it itapporaching that screen, it constantly beeps, until it says installing windows. any idea AT ALL why that might be happening. ive been trying to figure this out for the past month now. sorry about it taking so long to explain the problem. thank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello sir can u b more clear, i couldnt get wat u r saying

ENTER, R, or F3--These options appear during Win xp pro, home and win 2000 setup but not in win 98 setup.

When is ur keyboard freezing in win 98 setup

Hello sir can u b more clear, i couldnt get wat u r saying

ENTER, R, or F3--These options appear during Win xp pro, home and win 2000 setup but not in win 98 setup.

When is ur keyboard freezing in win 98 setup

it is freezing during windows home xp setup. however, i am using a 98 stat up disk. i get the same problem though using a xp start up disk. and i do run the setup through the xp cd. thats when it freezes

Try another keyboard. Maybe it's your keyboard.

Try another keyboard. Maybe it's your keyboard.

if that was the case, wouldnt i have problems with my keyboard at other times instead of strickly this screen. to add to it, i just installed 98 last night. but i still wanna install either 2000 or xp.

if that was the case, wouldnt i have problems with my keyboard at other times instead of strickly this screen. to add to it, i just installed 98 last night. but i still wanna install either 2000 or xp.

I noticed that U have another thread running right now "run through of installing windows?" are both threads realated to same computer

If u have installed Win 98 then why cant u install other OS

Cant u pls give ur system configuration like wats the processor speed, ram, and if u have any AGP card

i dont why i cant...and yes jais, its the same computer

i dont why i cant...and yes jais, its the same computer

Give the specifications of ur computer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.