You may get one of the following error messages;
* The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
* The host 'pop.tisclai.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered server name correctly. Account:'yourname', Server 'pop.tiscali.co.uk; protocol: POP3, Port:110'Secure(SSL):No, Socket Error:11001,Error Number 0x800CCC0D.
If you have not changed anything since the last time you checked / sent mail, do not adjust your settings simply close Outlook Express, reopen it and try again later.
If this has not resolved your problem you need to check your Outlook Express settings, making sure that the POP3 and SMTP servers are as in the screenshots, and that your full user name and password are correct.
Then test your connection by following this procedure.
* Click the Start button then RUN type in cmd on (Windows NT/2000/XP) or Command (Windows 95/98/ME). This will open a new command prompt window, with white text on a black screen.
* Type in the following exactly as it appears. You will not see what you are entering so take it slowly, and if you make a mistake, start again.
telnet pop.tiscali.co.uk 110 and then click the Enter key on your keyboard. You will then be connected to the email server.
* Type in USER followed by your email address e.g. USER email@example.com and then click the Enter key. You will then get a message +OK Please enter your pass, with the PASS command
* Type in PASS followed by your password e.g. PASS joblog0370 and click the Enter key. If it is correct, you will get an OK Well done message.
* If you can do this, you have connected to the Tiscali server and so the problem lies somewhere with Outlook Express.