Hi,

A couple of days back, my computer became unstable and I had to upgrade the OS. I am running Windows XP Prof on a Celeron 2.0 GHz with 512 MB of RAM. My Pc is running smoothly now, but a new problem has come up. I was using IE 7 before the upgrade but somehow with the upgrade the IE 7 was replaced with IE 6. Now whenever I enter an address in the IE 6 Address Bar, IE opens a new window, instead of opening the website in the same IE window in which it was typed. Also when I try to reinstall IE 6, it gives me an error message saying that a newer version of IE is already installed. I found this page http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378 and modified the registry as directed, but to of no avail.

Could someone help me?

rational

I believe the answer you are looking for can be found here. You said you upgraded...what OS were you using before? Or did you do a repair installation of XP?

I had done a repair installation of Win XP Prof without uninstalling IE 7. However I have reinstalled the new IE 7 and everything is back to normal now.

Thank you for your answer.

rational

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.