I have a Dell XPS running windows xp with all the updates you can get installed. I installed office 2010 and used it about a month with no problems. Then I got the brillant Idear to try a system speed booster. It came with a regestry cleaner I know it was a bad move this has since been removed from my system. Now to the problem outlook was acting strange and then it stoped working I removed all of office and tried to re install it . Now I recieave a messeage that setup has detected Legancy groove or MS groove software on this system. It must be uninstalled befor installing this software. I have tried finding groove in Add or remove. I have tried other removal tools found on cnet nothing has seamed to work any help would be greatly welcome! :'(

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

jingda I thank you for the advice I had all ready read thouse two articles. I had followed the MS way of removing groove . I cannot find any of the Hkey extision in my system yet I still recieve the same error code??

sorry no laptop desktop. I have allready deleated the program. I followed all the directions properly. I even looked through explorer and found any groove files and deleated them. I tried to reinstall groove 3.1 ? and recieved the same messeage.

Try searching the net for how to remove Outlook 2010 Groove. See whether there are any links that help, if not you have to take your computer to an expert or a repair man to help you remove the software. Good luck:)

This question still has not been answered if anyone could add anything more it would be good.

sorry no laptop desktop. I have allready deleated the program. I followed all the directions properly. I even looked through explorer and found any groove files and deleated them. I tried to reinstall groove 3.1 ? and recieved the same messeage.

delete from registry also.

I have deleated everything I could find on groove from the reg.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.