Hi all,

I am writing a currently writing a program that needs to connect to a website via HTTPS. I am receiving the following error when I attempt to connect:

The procedure entry point ASN1_const_check_infinite_end could not be located in the dynamic link library libeay32.dll

followed by:

Could not load SSL library.

I have tried several different versions of libeay32.dll (and corresponding versions of ssleay32.dll) downloaded from http://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/ including the latest (1.0.0d), but to no avail. I have tried placing them in the same directory as my exe (which according to these rules means that they should be loaded from there), but I also tried overwriting the versions in the Windows folder too. A colleague uses version 0.9.8i with no errors, but he is on a 32-bit WinXP OS while mine is a 64-bit Win7 OS and the 64-bit build of that version hasn't worked on my PC either.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix the error?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

look up across the top , ,we are in hardware software section ,next to it is "software development",you should post there for best results ,most of the folks there don't come here ,good luck

Thanks caperjack, I posted here thinking it might be an issue with my Win7 x64 install given that it is a windows DLL that is giving me grief. I will try posting there too and see if anyone else has had the same problem.

Thanks caperjack, I posted here thinking it might be an issue with my Win7 x64 install given that it is a windows DLL that is giving me grief. I will try posting there too and see if anyone else has had the same problem.

it may well be a win7 issue ,now you have both areas covered ,helpers who code and helper who know win7 and code ,[me no one of them ] good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.