hey guys,

I am having problems with my audio driver. It an onboard audio controller on a asu A8V-VM motherboard. I have tried the realtek driver and a driver from asus but they all give me the error "windows vista cannot verify publisher of driver" would you like to continue, I click yes and have done this about 10 times but it never works. Have run them as admin tried everything.

I did have this problem before and managed to solve it but I can't for the life of me remeber how. It is an xmas present for someone so any help will be much apreciated in the next few days.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

Hi
Go to device manager and click on the button update the sound drive. choose the search on internet and hopefully your problem will be solved.

Regards

no have tried that and hasnt worked, the sound menu in the device manager isnt shown as vista doesnt think it has any, and if i try to add it via the internet it cant find it and if i do the search it isnt listed and i dont have a disk!

go to asus web site and get an update for the mother board sound drivers

i think from his first post he did that all ready!

i say go out and buy a pci sound card ,better than on board and should solve the problem !

also recently i reloaded Compaq ,Winxp with HD ac97 on board audio and had problems with it because it was high def! did some searching on google and found something about a missing windows hd file ,can't really remember ,i saved the drivers but not the website!something along these lines.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111

Here you go dude: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

hey guys,

I am having problems with my audio driver. It an onboard audio controller on a asu A8V-VM motherboard. I have tried the realtek driver and a driver from asus but they all give me the error "windows vista cannot verify publisher of driver" would you like to continue, I click yes and have done this about 10 times but it never works. Have run them as admin tried everything.

I did have this problem before and managed to solve it but I can't for the life of me remeber how. It is an xmas present for someone so any help will be much apreciated in the next few days.

hey guys i have the drivers and have tried to install them but get the the error "windows vista cannot verify publisher of driver" would you like to continue, I click yes and have done this about 10 times but it never works. Have run them as admin tried everything.

Oh and i dont wanna get a seperate sound card that will be a last resort.

hey guys i have the drivers and have tried to install them but get the the error "windows vista cannot verify publisher of driver" would you like to continue, I click yes and have done this about 10 times but it never works. Have run them as admin tried everything.

Oh and i dont wanna get a seperate sound card that will be a last resort.

is the onboard sound device enabled in the bios .

yep

is it high definition audio.i reloaded a Compaq computer a few weeks ago ,with out there original winxp recovery cd ,use a regular winxp cd ,so i didn't have the needed motherboard drivers and sound being one of them ,and the ac97 i downloaded from Compaq would load but not work ,i search for and found drivers through a link in a help forum like this one .I realize you are using Vista,but it might be similar problem

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.