hi everyone. my computer is always restarting and there's a prompt that windows has encountered a serious error. i followed the instruction on how to fix it but still it didn't solve my problem, keeps on restarting every now and then.

please i badly need help..

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Cool. Just how alluring...? Anyway, we need a little more information. On the error. Is it actually one like this: "xxxx has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart."?.. in which case a cause and an error code will appear. We really need those.
Or is it something like this: "The system has recovered from a serious error." and perhaps give a couple of file paths?
There are many versions of those messages.... could you give the exact one? Sometimes there is a highlighted link in the box with more inforamtion. We need that info.

If you installed any new hardware try to check that? Did you changed your RAM? That could cause that problem. try memory check http://www.memtest.org/

Also you can just turn on your computer with F8 pressed. Choose Safe Mode option.
Logon using your Administrator level user. Next, click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run...
Type MSCONFIG and click OK. Go to the SERVICES tab and search for Gbp Service.
Uncheck it and click OK. Then see what happens.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.