I've been searching the internet and I've found some themes to download, but if the install doesn't specify that it's for Windows 2000, I don't want to install it.

I've already created a Plus!/Theme directory under program files, and I've created a THEMEDIR (directory) under system variables. So, am I on the right track, and what do I do next?

Basically how can I be sure that a web desktop theme is safe for Windows 2000, and if there is no way to be sure just by looking does anyone here know of any that are safe?

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Catweazle

SO! You Wanna toy around With Themes. Buddy, check this site out and keep away from any Theme with a *.EXE...Installing any theme with an EXE extension is just asking for problems. Start Here -->HERE. However, the rest is up to you. If want to pay $ for an APP that deals with themes then go -->HERE

Installing ANY themes software is asking for trouble. Why risk system instability for the sake of some pretty visuals?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.