Hi,
I got a problem connecting my wirelss network from my Dell Vostro laptop. The OS is Windows XP-SP3. The network card is Dell 1394 Adapter card. When I checking the device manager, it says the device is working properly and the driver also installed. The m/c can detect all the available network, but when I tried to connect, it can not connect.
Any suggession is appreciated. Thanks in advance and please let me know if more information is required.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is it a local router that you can cable into? It's possible that the router and your computer are using different types of encryption. For example, your computer may be set to WPA and your router to WPA2. If you can cable in you can check the settings on the router.

Besides that, try checking whether your wifi switch is turn on, it is usually located at the side of a laptop. Does using a cable work and can other PC or laptop connect to the internet via wireless?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.