Hello every1,

I had some files that i wanted to copy from one place to another, but it dint get copied. throwing the following error in teracopy (attached)

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hello,

have you tried ordinary copying, right click copy paste?
have you ran the program as administrator? the program may need to be run as administrator for those files because of permissions.

Hello,

have you tried ordinary copying, right click copy paste?
have you ran the program as administrator? the program may need to be run as administrator for those files because of permissions.

rite i m coping it and pasting it(right click).. I dint get the point were u say run as admin.. i m not running any exe file .. jst moving some txt or img files

Hello,

terracopy is an exe so you could have run that as an administrator. If that program was trying to do anything needing admin rights it will not have been able to do it if it was run as a normal user.

Hello,

terracopy is an exe so you could have run that as an administrator. If that program was trying to do anything needing admin rights it will not have been able to do it if it was run as a normal user.

It still dint allow me to copy files ,even after running teracopy as admin, so i uninstalled it.. and it works.. thanx @Xlphos

Better for you. Was going to suggest uninstalling it and using the default windows copy. I've never really liked teracopy because i've not been convinced it has more speed(my opinion)

i sugss u to check the partition. ther may be sector error in ur hard drive.
right clik on ur partition that u saved ur file. then goto propeties. then clik on "tools" in tabs. there is "check now" button. it'l take few hrs to complet. just try it...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.