I could not find a thread addressing my direct concern. I'm hoping the community can help me with this before I have to send my laptop out for a 2 week turnaround time. >_<

My Acer AS3820T freezes on boot screen. Does not load mobo bios and doesn't allow me to click by buttons to load bios (in this computer's case it's F2). BUUUUUT! When I click ESC, it restarts the mobo, and when I click CTRL+ALT+DEL, it shows info about the computer (i.e. processor, processor, hard drive).

I swapped the hard drive out, removed and reinstalled ram, but nothing changes. IDK if the problem was caused by Windows 7 or a bios update.

If you need more details, let me know.

Thanks DaniWeb

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Redskyhelp

UPDATE!

So I swapped the SSD in the laptop with an HDD and the problem is gone. I can't seem to figure out why the laptop won't boot with an SSD in it. mobo BIOS remains the same and I tried to different SSDs and still the same issue.

Anybody have any ideas??

For your dell desktop: is your video cable connected to your motherboard or to a separate video card?

Try pressing the display button when you are booting. Then continue to press f8 until boot options then access files with safe mode.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.