Hey my computer is so completely messed up i decided to backup all my files then reinstall everything over again..but the built in windows xp recovery( that deletes everything and makes it like a new comp again) does not work...it says user partition not found we will create one...so it trys to create a user partition but it cannot and the system reinstall doesnt work. This has never happend before and i really need to reinstall this dang computer.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You're probably going to have to get actual Windows installation CDs from your PC manufacturer. It's a sad fact in life that sometimes the restore utilities included with modern PCs don't work, and you're forced to do a standard OS reinstallation, using the media provided by your PC vendor.

if you only have a recovery cd, I move stuff off to a usb drive. That is one reason I do not like recovery CDs.

You can use Partition Table Doctor to recover your data partiton or use EASEUS DataRecoveryWizard to recover your data. Please download the demo edition at: www.ptdd.com www.easeus.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.