BILL S 0 Junior Poster

I have two IBM indenticle 425C PS/NOTE laptops. I know these are as old as time in the fast paced computer world, but was hoping they may handle JPG files for viewing on floppies. I had wanted to use Windows 95, but have only DOS 6.2 install disks right now. I did recently buy SUSE Linux but was not installing it as of yet. How do I access components in this IBM to upgrade?
For some reason, one of them lists no hard drive installed! The other has damage that is seemingly extensive. MSD program reports the video is XGA, which is somewhat odd I feel, given the 1993 date on the BIOS and the 1980 on the reset CMOS clock. How do I replace that CMOS battery as well?
Can RAM be expanded on these? I tried a search but came up real short on useful info. I am not very adept at DOS use and wondered why I can't seem to find a pre-Win95/98/ME Windows that works on these 80486 processors. I just dug these out of storage to try my MS DOS 6.2 install disks with them, Scandisk ran on the one WITH an HDD registering... it's registry of fixed data was maxed out and the repair halted, Stating 512 files had been relocated to the Root Directory, mentioning deleting some for room, IIRC

BILL

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.