hello

i have hp laptop having window xp operating system.. but my laptop is not getting start . after booting process there is noting appear on screen . i guess window corrupted ... is in it right...if yes how can i recover my data or can i start my laptop in safe mode ..plz help me wht is happening with my laptop..

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What you can do is to see whether you can take out the hard and put into an external case to connect to another computer using the USB adapter.

ok i do that ...... what else can i do using some commands

Another way is you can re install Window XP without formatting the hard disk. Just boot up the Window CD and after reading the disk it will come to the EULA license. Press F8 and choose repair. It will delete the previous Window and install with new one. Provided the hard disk is still in good condition it will boot up Window normally.

can i recover my window without putting cd .... i mean is there any facility in hp laptop

when i press f8 screen prompted window files loading but when loading finish again boot process star nd noting appear on screen

can i recover my window without putting cd .... i mean is there any facility in hp laptop

Upon power on the computer and when it start to read the hard disk press F8 on the keyboard and see if you can go to Safe mode. If it can boot up in save mode than the chances of recovering your data is there. Go through list one by one and see which one works.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.