Hi all,

Would anyone be able to tell me how i could add Photos to the cover of folders on my windows 7 desktop folders? Instead of having them all the yellow folder or can't it be done?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi all,

Would anyone be able to tell me how i could add Photos to the cover of folders on my windows 7 desktop folders? Instead of having them all the yellow folder or can't it be done?

Changing the icon of a folder or shortcut is quite easy actually, follow these steps:

Right-click on the icon
'Propreties'
'Adjust' (rightmost tab)
Under 'Folder Images'
->'Choose file'
Then navigate to the image you want to do, and you're done :)

Can't post any screenshots of this, as I'm using a dutch version of Windows 7, so it won't be very helpful.
I hope my explanation is good enough, as it is a pretty easy process.

PS: if this solved your question, please mark the thread as solved, to keep the forum organized and clean :)
Kind regards,

there is only general sharing and customize no adjust i went to customize and choose a picture and put picture up. (this stays there on preview it is there again when i go back again) then clicked apply then clicked ok closed window and there is still just the plain yellow folder on the desk top no picture on it?

there is only general sharing and customize no adjust i went to customize and choose a picture and put picture up. (this stays there on preview it is there again when i go back again) then clicked apply then clicked ok closed window and there is still just the plain yellow folder on the desk top no picture on it?

It seems you're right.
In order to replace the yellow folder, you have to select the option under the one I said before. It says 'Change pictogram'. You will get a list of default pictograms you can choose to replace the standard pictogram. To be able to adjust the pictogram to one you want, simply 'import' your pictogram. You will have to convert your image to a compatible pictogram in order to do so.

Kind regards,

might i add , only folder that should be stored on the desktop are shortcuts to folder stored on your C;/ drive or other storage drive ,don't store folders full of file on the desk,the desktop is just a file windows uses to show the desktop icons and if it were to get corrupted you will loose all things stored on it and they are not stored anywhere else on the hard drive but in the desktop.ini file .
It happened to me ,but i only lost a pit of junk files

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.