I'm using Windows XP Professional "Add/Remove Programs" and I'm trying to remove a program called Revo Uninstaller. However, I keep getting the message, File"C:\Program Files\VS Revo Group\Revo Uninstaller Pro\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall. I've gone into regedit and looked for any traces of it there but can't find any. Does anyone know what I should do?

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Have you tried using Revo Uninstaller?

Somewhat more seriously, you could reinstall Revo over the top of the old installation, and then try Add/Rmv Pgms again. And if that fails just delete the pgm manually, anything related in DocsnSetts\User folder also. With the executables gone remnants are just a bit of wasted space, same goes for missed registry entries.

Just a reply to your pc.... yes, you could manually delete obvious registry entries of Revo, but without the executables they will not be a problem, and don't worry about the space they occupy in there (a few blades of grass on a soccer field).

Merely a test post in forum as a whole.

easy step buddy..
1st step
reinstall it.
after completion of revo installation.
unistall it. simple. do it if does work.
tell you another option.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.