:confused: Hello, My name is Kerrin. I have an HP pavillion 750N with Windows XP. I have this problem where my desktop background picture is frozen and won't let me change it. Previously, I would right click on certain photos and select the "set as desktop background" option. It will not let me do that anymore. Nor will it let me go through the control panel settings and select one of the pre-set wallpaper backgrounds. The picture that remains on the desktop is also out of focus. I have been trying to fix this problem for weeks now. I was told by one online tech that I could have a Malware virus. They started to give me some instructions on how to fix it, and sent me to the Hijackthis website. I sent all the requested info back but have not heard anything in over a week. I am very frustrated and wish to resolve this problem. I am hoping that someone out there can help me. Thank you!!

Have you tried posting your HiJackThis log in our virus forum? Perhaps someone there would be of more assistance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.