Well,what happens is I'm using my computer,not running many processes or anything,and I do something with Windows Explorer,like right-click -> New,which freezes and it crashes explorer.Also,the taskbar at the bottom disappears,and when I try to close explorer or open a new one,it doesn't work.Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Does it exhibit this behavior if you boot into Safe Mode? There are the obvious attempted fixes: Scan Disk and a registry cleaner (I use RegSeeker). Also, are you protected against viruses?

Hmm,I will try scanning my registry.I do do virus scans with Avast! every so often,but I haven't found anything.

Also:
Open the Event Viewer utility in your Administrative Tools control panel and look through your System and Application logs for entries flagged with "Error" or "Warning" whose time-stamps coincide with the crashes. Double-clicking on such an entry will open a properties window with more detailed information on the error; post the details from a representative sample of some of the different error messages (please don't post duplicates or flood us with the entire logs). To do so:

In the Properties window of a given entry, click on the button with the graphic of two pieces of paper on it; the button is at the right of the window just below the up arrow/down arrow buttons. You won't see anything happen when you click the button, but it will copy all of the details to the Windows clipboard. You can then paste the details into your next post here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.