What does that tell me? it is faulty and useless

off th etop of my head, yes,but it could always be something else , thing is, it worked great before you partitioned it correct, what device did you used to connect it to the laptop ,or did you install inside the alptop .

I cant say anything for positive unless I had in my hands and tested it with divices I have at my disposal,sorry

yes, it did work fine before I made the mistake of partitioning the c drive. To connect it to the laptop, I used a USB connector. I managed to connect the old hard drive but not the faulty one.

I seriously don't want to lose a one TeraByte hard drive. I don't care if I lose the data.

More power to your elbow.

I seriously don't want to lose a one TeraByte hard drive. I don't care if I lose the data.

so try the ultimattbootdisk and see if you can repartition it .
als you could try a partition repair tool like this one ,
http://www.partition-recovery.com/

Thanks for the links. I havent tried them though. I will when I get the time.
it is just that the hard drive isnt recognized.

it is just that the hard drive isnt recognized.

yes I under stand that ,by using ultimate boot disk you can check the harddrive in ubcd see the drive and you can try to repartition and format the disk so that windows will be able to see the drive .
ubcd info

Ubuntu is the solution. I switched my ubuntu OS on and pluggged the HD into my laptop. I could manage it easily hopfully. I will be doing it tonight. Thanks guys for the links as I will use them in the future.

good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.