alright. I'm getting that error when I try to load up my computer, and I don't know how to fix it. Once it finishes checking the drive for consistency, it just sits there...and just sits...leaving that screen up...never moving. it's really annoying..

I actually sat and clicked around blindly with my mouse, and it ended up logging me into my guest account (I'm guessing it was the guest account.), but I couldn't see anything on the profile..it was still the "checked for consistency" screen, but it was playing a video on AIM in the background of the screen.

oh, and if I shut it down via power button after it finishes checking, it doesn't do it again...but just goes to an all black screen as the log-in screen, without a visible mouse cursor.

the drive is C drive, and it's the whole FAT32 or whatever. is any of you could help, it would really be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Have you run any diagnostics on your hard drive? It's possible that you could have makings of a bad drive.

Well it sounds more like the video driver didn't initialize properly - try tapping F8 before the Windows logo appears and choosing "VGA mode". If you are able to get into Windows, install the latest video driver you can find.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.