Hi folks,

I came across the above named edition of Publisher 97 for only 2euro, now the only question being will it run on XP (Didnt know if it was worth getting, sounds crazy I know!)

Anyone?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It's probably pirated. Stay away from it.

Besides, any version of an Office product from 97 is going to expose you to some major security flaws. Not that they were bad software products, but they're showing their age, and many people have had time to figure out exploits for it.

It's probably pirated. Stay away from it.

Besides, any version of an Office product from 97 is going to expose you to some major security flaws. Not that they were bad software products, but they're showing their age, and many people have had time to figure out exploits for it.

Actually its a genuine copy, including the case it came with and the CD key.

I thought even with its flaws, I am sure as its an offline program, I would use it for publishing newsletters and stuff.

But thank you for replying.. I should have been specific on the CD key and of its genuinity... Oh and I most certainly am against Pirated stuff!

Again thanks:cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.