My speakers stopped working all of a sudden! When I open up "Sounds and Audio Devices" in the Control Panel, it says "No Audio Devices" under the "Audio" tab. My speakers are conected properly! Can someone please help me? I deeply appreciate it!

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by YoungNation

Did you recently update the drivers, or make any changes at all to them? Also what brand are they?

My PC was shot to hell [Excuse me] It got to the point where everyday something new was wrong. At first, it was the ports then the D and E drives weren't recognized and then the speakers. I re-installed Windows XP from the disc I recieved with my computer and everything's going fine except for this one little problem.

You need to reinstall your audio drivers. Your manufacturer probably sent you an extra disc that contains these drivers along with the OS cd.

Thanks! I have two CD's titled "Drivers and Utilities: Dell Dimension Resource CD". Hopefully that's it!

That didn't work. I went to Dell's website and downloaded the driver I needed! Thanks to all who helped!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.