Hi all!

IN MY VIRTUALBOX VIRTUAL MACHINE: I had previously installed XP Service Pack 3 and Windows 2003 Server. I configured this server as a DC and other roles such as DNS...I created users who would login to the domain from the XP client machine. I set up group policies and file server, and all were working fine.

Recently, I removed 2003 Server and installed 2008 Server on the same virtual machine hard disk. I moved on to create the DC (with a different domain name) and other server roles. I created users from my Active Directory and set up group policies too. But, I realized that, when users log in to the server, the set group polices are not implemented. Furthermore, I realize that, when this user logs off from the Domain, that messagebox says "...offline files failed to synchronized to [servername]....", but, this [servername] which appears here, is the name of the OLD 2003 Server, not the present 2008.

Why is this user still appear as if connected to the old 2003 server?
I tried to change the client's computer name, no effect.

Any help please?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Did you unjoin the workstations from the old domain and join them to the new one?

Hi!
I was able to solve it with this bat file:

echo off
reg add "hklm\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\netcache" /v FormatDatabase /t reg_dword /d 00000001

reg delete "hkcu\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\netcache\shares" /f
reg add "hkcu\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\NetCache\Shares" /ve

reg delete "hkcu\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\netcache\AssignedOfflineFolders" /f

reg add "hkcu\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\NetCache\AssignedOfflineFolders" /ve

Thanks for being willing to help so far.
Cheers!

As regard to the question you and resolved by you, the cmd solution you wrote down,are we going to place it in command console;command prompt: echo off
reg add "hklm\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\netcache" /v FormatDatabase /t reg_dword /d 00000001
reg delete "hkcu\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\netcache\shares" /f
reg add "hkcu\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\NetCache\Shares" /ve
reg delete "hkcu\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\netcache\AssignedOfflineFolders" /f
reg add "hkcu\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\NetCache\AssignedOfflineFolders" /ve

Thanks for being willing to help so far.
Cheers!

Hi Fowomola!

Notice that I said its a .bat file. You make a .bat file with above lines of code and run it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.