We have a HP PowerEdge 400SC running Window server 2008 and a MailNow! 5 as the compay mail server. Recently we have a repetitive of mail in 2 and some time in 3. I have check the server, scan for virus, spam and malware but couldn't find any. So could anyone please help what is the cause and how to solve it? Thanks to those who reply.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

There can be a number of innocent reasons for this. One is that your servers aren't acknowledging receipt of the message in a timely manner. Another is if the messages are "return receipt requested" and the user dont's respond in a timely manner, the message may be resent. There are other reasons as well. You need to check the load on the physical server, the configuration of the mail server, and look at the messages in question to see if there is some other reason why you might be getting duplicate copies, such as a common sending server/user.

POP3 download log corruption?

I saw this happen az few years ago where two mail servers were each configured to send copies of all incoming mail to the other server.

I have scan with Trend anti virus and anti spam which is quite effective but still no help. Will try again. Thanks for the help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.