For the past 5 hours my self built desktop has crashed at startup, just after reaching the Windows XP loading screen (it never makes it to login). It has a Pentium 4 3.2Ghz Processor, 1024Mbs of memory, and all its fans are working. I suspect it's some kind of power supply problem because the desktop takes longer to restart each time it crashes. Also, whenever I bypass Windows startup and go to my BIOS control screen, the computer crashes as soon as I've exited that screen.
Some websites say that I should try to load windows with the Xp disk--but I don't know how to do that.

Its easier man..u just put the xp cd on your cdrom.Enter the bios setup.Then go to advanced setup, set the first bootup from cd.Exit the blue screen..Your computer will boot up from the cd..then u just repairing your windows back..I thing it might be work perfectly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.